OFFICE/STORE/LAUNDRY HOURS: Please note office hours below. Closing hours vary on Friday’s and Saturday’s (times are noted at the office entrance door). Laundry hours are daily 9:00 AM to 4:00 p.m. (doors ARE locked at 4:00 p.m.)
January 15 – March 31, 2021 10AM – 3PM
April 1 – October 31, 2021 9AM – 5PM
November 1 – December 31, 2021 10AM – 2PM
*Holiday hours may vary. *
- CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT –You MUST check into the office prior to going to your site. You may optin for contactless check-in upon making your reservation.
|RV CHECK-IN: 1:00pm||CHECK-OUT: 12:00 Noon|
|CABIN CHECK-IN: 3:00PM||CHECK-OUT: 11:00AM|
- VISITORS: $5.00 per visitor and ALL visitors MUST register in the campground office before visiting upon arrival. All vehicles must have a car pass. Visitors are permitted from 9:00AM – 10:00PM. All visitors MUST be off the campground premises by 10:00 p.m. (quiet time). Persons who spend the night are NOT considered visitors and they must pay a fee $10.00 per person. Anyone caught spending the night after registering as a visitor for the day will be asked to leave without a refund.
- EARLY CHECK-IN OR LATE CHECK-OUT are not guaranteed due to availability. Please contact the camp office in advance. There will be a fee of $5 per hour if site is available. Late departures are subject to incur a FULL DAY charge without prior arrangements.
- THREE NIGHT HOLIDAY MINIMUM *WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE FINAL ASSIGNMENT OF ALL SITES*
Nightly Rate (at Check-In) Includes:
- One family unit of 4 people per site. (Maximum Occupancy 6)
- $5.00 per person per night over 4 persons.
- All others after check-in are VISITORS
Please make sure you are on the correct site.
*Only 2 vehicles allowed per site**
- CAMPING FEES are due and payable prior to occupying the campsite.
- RESERVATIONS: A one-night deposit is required when making reservations on nightly sites and a $100 deposit on a monthly site. (No monthly reservations permitted for the month of October). Cash or a valid credit/debit card is required. All additional vehicles and persons are required to register with the campground office. ** NOTE: Full payment is required during the Fall Festival in October. Cancellation policies still valid. NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON- NO EXCUSES! **
- COST: Rates are for one camper or tent and one vehicle per campsite and 4 persons; additional persons are $5.00/day per person or $10.00 per night per person. No more than 6 persons on a site! Price includes use of complimentary WI-FI Internet for length of visit. More than 6 persons will need to rent another site.
- QUIET TIME 10:00PM – 7:00AM Please be considerate of your camping neighbors. No set-up after 10:00 P.M. No abusive language! No domestic dispute being heard by other campers and no loud music, bright lights, and disorderly conversation at any time. These types of behaviors will not be permitted or tolerated for any reason and you will be asked to leave the premises. PERIOD!
- TRASH: RV Only. All garbage must be securely tied shut in plastic bags and placed in the dumpsters provided. Only camping trash; no chairs, grills, tents, appliances, or oversized garbage. Trash cans throughout the park are for soda cans, candy wrappers, etc., NOT for bags of garbage and NOT for residents – campers use only. Please do not leave garbage at your site. Leave your site as you found it.
- BICYCLES – GA State Law #40-6-296.E requires all children under the age of 16 to wear a bike helmet while cycling. If you do not have one, come to the office and we will loan you one. NO BICYCLE RIDING PERMITTED AFTER DARK! Parents, please take the time to review basic bicycle SAFETY with your child. Slow down, Stop, Look and Listen.
- CAMPFIRES are permitted in designated areas only, weather permitting. Fire rings are NOT to be moved. Anyone caught moving a fire ring will automatically be charged $35.00. No trash is to be burned or placed in fire rings. Anyone found leaving trash (cans, bottles, etc.) will be charged a $15.00 cleanup fee.
- FIREARMS or weapons of any kind are prohibited at all times in all areas.
- ALCOHOL: Alcohol consumption is allowed at campsite ONLY.
- MOTOR VEHICLES – SPEED LIMIT 7 MPH – ENFORCED. Motor vehicles should be used in the park
ONLY when necessary. Licensed drivers only. Scooters and motorized carts must have BMP Management approval for handicapped use only. ATV’S, UTV’s, MOTORIZED SCOOTERS, MOTORIZED SKATEBOARDS, HOVERBOARDS AND DRONES ARE STRICTLY FORBIDDEN in the resort. NO WASHING OF ANY VEHICLES.
- GOLF CARTS – If you want to bring a golf cart, please register it when you make your reservation. They MUST be registered in the office upon check-in and you MUST provide a copy of current and proper proof of insurance from your insurance company. There is a $2 golf cart fee. Your golf cart must be included (shown) on your policy. All golf cart drivers MUST be 21 years of age or older and be the site owner. Abuse of this rule will result in the removal of your
golf cart from the campground.
- NO alcoholic beverages allowed while on golf carts! Anyone caught drinking while on a golf cart will be made to remove the golf cart IMMEDIATELY.
- NO SPEEDING! Maintain a slow walking pace operating speed while near foot or bicycle traffic.
- No under-age driving! (Must be 21 years of age.)
- All carts must have proper lighting.
- All golf carts MUST be parked at the designated campsite by 9:00 p.m. No carts to be used after 9:00 p.m.
- You must agree to be 100% fully responsible for your golf cart and all actions caused by your golf cart.
- No golf carts on Gander Gap Road except to cross to other side. (This is a county road and operators will be ticketed by Towns County Sheriff deputies and the cart will be confiscated.)
- Golf cart must have up-to-date permit on the right front (obtained at registration)
- Only 1 golf cart per site (with proper insurance and ID) with only the site occupants (over the age of 21) able to operate them. If caught, you will be asked to remove the cart immediately.
- All carts operating after dark MUST be equipped with lights.
- We do NOT rent golf carts.
- No golf carts on grass on rainy days.
- The MAXIMUM number of persons allowed to ride a golf cart is 4.
- Bald Mountain Camping Resort is not responsible for any actions or accidents caused by
a golf cart.
- Noncompliance with any of these rules will result in not being able to operate golf cart on the grounds of Bald Mountain Camping Resort.
Please remember the safety of all campers is our primary concern. Many campers do not own or use these types of vehicles. Those who do must make SAFETY their number one goal. PERIOD!
- FISHING: Fishing is prohibited from Dusk to Dawn. Children under 14 MUST be accompanied by an adult. Bass and Brim are CATCH AND RELEASE ONLY. Catfish can be kept and eaten. DO NOT USE FISH CAUGHT IN LAKE AS BAIT. Anyone caught abusing these rules will be asked to leave the park without a refund!
- SWIMMING: NO SWIMMING PERMITTED IN THE LAKE
WARNING: No lifeguard on duty in swimming area. Use and swim at your own risk.
- – No diving
- – Children (age 14 and under; non-swimmers) must be supervised by an adult (18+ years of age)
- – No rowdy behavior; no chicken fights; no flipping
- – Enter the water feet first, facing forward
- – No glass in swimming area
- – Please use disposable swim diapers
- – Management reserves the right to restrict the use of any toy or behavior that management considers a danger or a problem.
- MESSAGES & PHONES: There are no public phones in the park. We will attempt to deliver any EMERGENCY message to your site.
- CHILDREN MUST be supervised by an adult at ALL times. Parents/Guardians are responsible for their children’s actions, behavior and safety.
- PETS: Domestic pets only and only 2 pets per campsite permitted. Pets may not run loose in the campground or on your site. Please keep them on a leash or in a cage AT ALL TIMES. They are not allowed in the pool area, playground, or any buildings (including the bathhouses). Never leave your pet unattended anywhere in the campground. Please keep your pet quiet at ALL TIMES. One bark creates many barks. **PIT BULLS, ROTTWEILERS or DOBERMAN PINSCHERS of any mix are not permitted. PLEASE SCOOP YOUR POOP! Remember – children (and adults) walk the park in their bare feet!
CAMP AT YOUR OWN RISK: Bald Mountain Camping Resort, Inc., assumes NO responsibility for property loss, damage or personal injury.
- No digging in ground or roads
- No cutting, damaging, or defacing of any living trees or plants
- No washing of RV’s or vehicles
- NO FIREARMS OR FIREWORKS
- No exotic or farm animals permitted on property
This property is privately owned. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. We will not be responsible for accidents, injuries, loss of property, and loss of valuables.
Entrance onto the campground property constitutes permission for the management of Bald Mountain Camping Resort to photograph the visitor while on premises and to use any resulting pictures for any lawful purpose without compensation to the visitor. The guest assumes all risks and danger incidental to the activity of camping in rustic outdoors environment including specifically (but not exclusively), the danger of being injured by insect or other animals, being injured while participating in recreational activities, such as hiking, swimming, etcetera or of being injured as a result of inclement weather conditions, and agrees that campground and its owner, agents, and employees are not liable for injuries or property loss or damages resulting from such causes.
ALL OTHER COMMON-SENSE RULES APPLY. ANYONE BREAKING THESE RULES WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE WITHOUT A REFUND.
No matter which campground that campers choose to say at, chances are they will have friends or family living in the area who wish to visit them. When guests arrive at the campground, they are often charged a visitation fee by the campground owners. There’s a perfectly good reason for doing so. It’s not that the owner doesn’t want visitors. It is simply due to the fact that campground facilities can handle only so many people. Excess people put strain on the restrooms, pools and other facilities. In turn, this causes extra utility and maintenance expenses to the campground owner. Rather than passing these expenses on to the camper, campground owners feel that it is most fair to charge those who are using the facilities – “the visitor.” If you invite friends or family to your campsite, please advise them of visitor fees and the reason that it is necessary.
ALL PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
- Good Sam (10% off nightly)
- Military – (10% off nightly)
- You MUST bring your valid id card with you when you check in and must be presented before final payment is made. We must verify that the card is valid in order for you to be able to receive the discount. It MUST include an expiration date. Discounts cannot be used after you check in. Discounts can only be given to the person whose name is on the card for their site only; cannot be used on multiple site reservations. Cannot combine discounts and NO discounts on our rental cabins. It is up to you to tell us you have the discount prior to checking in.
- RETURNED CHECK CHARGE: There will be a $50.00 charge for any check returned for insufficient funds.
- TENTS: Tents are for designated Tent Sites ONLY. Tents are NOT allowed on an RV Site. Those found with a tent on a non-designated tent site will be asked to have it removed.
PLEASE…No unattended children! Parents (or a responsible adult) must accompany their children at all times.
- POOL – Hours 10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M., weather permitting. No swimming during rain or thunder. Follow the posted pool rules. Pets are not permitted inside the fence. Please keep all food and drinks in the picnic area, NOT on the pool deck. No glass. Pool opens Memorial Day Weekend and closes after Labor Day Weekend.
- PEDAL BOATS – $6.00 per hour. We only allow our Pedal Boats in our fishing lake. Fishing is not permitted from the boats or the gazebo.
- FISHING is permitted in the lake during daylight hours ONLY. No fishing from Kayaks or the Gazebo. Fishing is prohibited from Dusk to Dawn. Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Bass and Brim are catch and release ONLY! Catfish you can keep and eat – YUM! DO NOT USE FISH CAUGHT IN THE LAKE AS BAIT! Anyone caught abusing these rules will be asked to leave the park without a refund.
- PLAYGROUND (during daylight hours)
- PUTT-PUTT ($3.00 per person – under 6 Free) Available during the campground office hours only – using our equipment only.
- SHUFFLEBOARD AND BALL FIELD HOURS – 9 A.M. to dusk. Follow posted rules. Equipment is available at the campground office. A drivers license s required as deposit for equipment; it will be returned when all equipment is returned.
- CHURCH – A list of local churches can be obtained in the office.
- TELEVISION – Streaming available using our WiFi
- REMEMBER…You are in the mountains among wildlife including bears (yes, there are bears), raccoons, snakes, etc.. It is imperative to place all garbage in the dumpsters provided. The trash cans throughout the park are for soda cans, candy wrappers, etc. Please do not leave food outside unattended.
- WILDLIFE – Absolutely NO killing of any wildlife (including snakes, frogs, and turtles). We live in their territory!
- Verizon and AT&T friendly
- Sprint – Roaming
- Nextel and others – No Service
Message From The Management
Wi-Fi – We provide complimentary Wi-Fi for email, browsing and streaming to TV.
The team at Bald Mountain Camping Resort wants your camping experience to be everything you expect it to be. If you have any questions or suggestions, which would make your stay more enjoyable, please stop at the office and let us know. Anyone caught abusing or misusing any part of this campground will be escorted immediately from the campground without a refund! Bald Mountain Camping Resort, Inc., reserves the right to delete, add, or modify any/and or all of its policies at any time without notice or notification. Any changes become effective immediately whether or not this or any publication from Bald Mountain Camping Resort, Inc., is amended to reflect those changes.
Towns County, Hiawassee, and Bald Mountain Camping Resort are within 30 minutes of many of this area’s most interesting attractions:
- Alpine Helen, a Bavarian Village
- The Appalachian Trail
- Brasstown Bald, Georgia’s highest peak
- The Georgia Mountain Fair is held annually (July)
- Fall Festival at the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds (October)
- Beautiful Lake Chatuge offers fishing and boating, water sports and spectacular views.
- Cabbage Patch Kids – Babyland General Hospital
- Bell Mountain – Spectacular views of Lake Chatuge and the North Georgia Mountains
To cancel your reservation, you must call the campground before the deadlines listed below to receive your deposit refund, minus a $6 cancellation fee. A cancellation fee will apply to ALL cancellations. Text and email notifications of cancellations are not acceptable. If you cancel your reservation within our cancellation policy period, you will NOT receive a refund and you will lose ALL rights to your reservation.
- 7 days prior for nightly and weekly
- 14 days prior for Cabins
- 1-month prior for monthlies. NO REFUNDS AFTER CHECK-IN AND NO EXCUSES. (No monthly reservations permitted in the month of October.)
NO SHOWS: Camping is a wilderness experience so we do expect you to have rain gear and be
prepared for such events as best you can. Understand mother-nature is in charge and we have to
adapt to her moods. No refunds will be processed due to bad weather. If you have not arrived on
your scheduled day, nor called to cancel or reschedule your reservation, we will consider you a ‘NO
SHOW’ and your reservation will be charged the remaining balance and canceled, and your site will
be rented to the next available person. You will lose all rights to the site. Text and Email notifications
are NOT acceptable. You MUST call the campground office to cancel. (706) 896-8896
* ALL PRICES AND RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. *