Welcome To Your Vacation Destination!
UPDATE: April 1, 2020
TO: Bald Mountain Camping Resort Campers
During this time of unprecedented uncertainty, all of us here at Bald Mountain Camping Resort are concerned about the safety and well-being of our families and customers and the many friends who make up Bald Mountain Camping Resort’s family.
Our hearts are with those who have been affected personally by the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) as well as the many communities around the world that are facing extreme measures in the attempt to slow its spread.
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis Bald Mountain Camping Resort is closed until April 30 (may be extended) for nightly camping. You can call the office at 706-896-8896 to make reservations for May through October between the hours of 10 A.M. and 3 P.M. daily. Just be advised that you may have to move your reservation ahead if the extension goes into May.
We pray for everyone during this trying time.
We ask that you please abide by the CDC rules and please respect and understand these conditions for the protection of our staff and yourselves during this time.
offers a wide variety and choice
of camp sites
miniature golf and shuffle board, we offer
safe and fun activities
camp sites, facilities, and our
captivating mountain surroundings
Located in Hiawassee, right in the heart of the wonderful mountains of Northeast Georgia; we’re just two hours northeast of metro Atlanta and day trips can be made to Alpine Helen, a Bavarian Village, The Appalachian Trail, Brasstown Bald (highest peak in Georgia), the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds, beautiful Lake Chatuge, and the Cabbage Patch Kids Babyland.
When it comes to recreation, Bald Mountain Camping Resort takes it seriously. From our game room to the old favorites like miniature golf and shuffle board, we offer safe and fun activities for children of all ages without having to leave the campground.
- Two Playground with swings, teeter totters, merry-go-round and slides
- Game room with video and pinball machines, air hockey and pool tables
- Regulation half-size basketball court
- A regulation outdoor volleyball court
- Shuffle board courts
- A baseball field for a pick-up game of softball or baseball
- Our refreshing pool for an afternoon dip
- Try your skill with our BRAND NEW 18-hole miniature golf course ($3.00 per person; children under 6 years old are free) fee required; all participants MUST use our approved clubs/balls. Please stay on pathways and respect our landscape. Under 14 must be accompanied by an adult
- Kayaking or Paddle Boating on our private 3-acre lake
- Fishing in our many creeks or lakes
As it has been said “we’re located midway between heaven and earth… OK, maybe a little closer to heaven.”
Just be sure of one thing: When you come to Hiawassee and surrounding Towns County you won’t lack for things to do: Boating and water skiing on beautiful Lake Chatuge, fishing for a fat trout in one of the area’s greatest trout streams (there’s one right in the middle of the campground!), hiking on the famous Appalachian Trail, visiting Georgia’s highest peak… Brasstown Bald, golfing at the Brasstown Valley, or tubing in nearby Helen… are just some of the activities within thirty minutes of your campsite.